Our Memorial Day Weekend Book and Plant Sale is ended up taking place over two weekends: one chilly and rainy and the other miserably hot. Thanks to friendly volunteers, Boy Scout Troop 134, Kristen Stevens (our plant lady), and everyone who came to buy books and plants, we raised almost $2,400 for the Library’s capital campaign!
The Friends of the Simon Fairfield Public Library is a nonprofit organization comprised of those who hold the Library near and dear to their hearts.
Every year the Friends make some of our favorite things possible. The overwhelming majority of our programming is sponsored by the Friends, as is our website, newsletter, and tons of other “extras” that make the Library special. Thank you for all you make possible!
-Justin Snook, Library Director
Why do we need Friends?
- To support, extend, and advertise Library services to a growing community
- To preserve the fundamental ideas of freedom of expression and reading
- To be advocates for the Library among the general public and town government
- To provide volunteer opportunities for fund-raising activities
- To sort through book donations and organize Friends’ holdings
- To show pride in your community and your library