The Library is currently open for 6 patrons at a time to come in and browse our collections during our regular hours. Printing, faxing, scanning, and copying are available at a stand-up computer kiosk, but we are not currently providing workstations for use beyond
A mask covering your nose and mouth is required at all times to enter the building or interact with staff outside. Browsing time is limited to 30 minutes. Check the front door for a sign that says “Come on In” or “At Capacity.”
Home delivery is available to any Douglas residents who enroll. Call or email if you want to be added to the list. When you get notifications that holds are ready for pickup, expect a knock on your door the following Thursday.
If you have holds ready for pickup, you can call or ring the doorbell to have us bring them out to you. Please be patient as we might be helping patrons inside.
Socially Distanced Resources
If you aren’t suffering screen-fatigue, have read everything in the collection, and need more to do, here are some extra resources to help you stay sane, educated, and entertained.
Stuff for EVERYONE!
- Orchestra Playing from Home
- Virtual Museum Tours:
- Live Zoo Webcams:
- Live Aquarium Webcams:
- Finish these comics started by Jarrett Lerner
Stuff for Kids
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems (Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus)
- Scholastic ‘Learn at Home’ Free Online Courses
- Storyline: Picture Books Read out loud by famous people
- TumbleBookLibrary: more ebooks for k-6!
- TumbleMath: k-6 number torture