Hi All! I want to wish you all a very safe and fun-filled summer. After last summer, I think it’s safe to say you deserve it. Most of the summer reading programming here at the Library for the kiddos will continue to be virtual, though. Justin and I felt that because they are not able to be vaccinated yet, it would be safer to continue our virtual programming for them. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this fall we’ll be hosting in-person programming again. I miss them and can’t wait to visit with them in person.
That said, there is still plenty to do!
- Summer Book Bingo – Come grab a bingo chart at the Library! As your child reads these books or completes the activities, color the square or place a sticker over the square. Once the chart is filled in, they can return it and choose a summer reading prize.
- Library Scavenger Hunt – This fun activity can be completed by visiting the Library. Once your child has completed all the tasks on the sheet, they return it to Miss Deb for a summer reading prize.
- Travel the World & Visit Amazing Animal Indigenous to Each Continent – Children can “visit” as many continents as they wish, but the ultimate goal is to visit all of them! They choose an animal from each continent, fill out an information sheet, and return it to Miss Deb. The more continents/animals they learn about, the more points they earn! Each animal can earn up to 10 points and if they visit all continents they earn and additional 10 points. For every 5 points they receive a raffle ticket towards a special summer reading prize.
- Story Walks – We have two storywalks out in the community–one on the SNETT and one at Douglas Orchard and Farm. There is a questionnaire available at the library (or you can find it to print out at home here) to fill out and if they return it to the Library, they will be able to choose a summer reading prize.
- Virtual Storytime – Summer storytime will follow the usual schedule:
- Monday @ 11am for ages 18 months to 3 years
- Tuesday @ 6pm for ages 4 to 7
- Wednesday @ 3pm for ages 3 to 5
Call the Library or email Debbie at email@example.com to register for summer reading and get the links for virtual storytimes. Come see us for bingo, scavenger hunt, and travel the world sheets. And don’t forget about our monthly virtual book clubs:
-Young Readers Club for grades k-2–July’s selection is Rainbow Fish by Pfister.
-Book Wizards for grades 6-8–July’s selection is Ink and Bone by Caine.
-If there is enough interest, I would like to get Book Bunch up and running again for grades 3-5.
Please let me know if you have any questions or want to sign you child(ren) up for any programs this summer.