Between July 15 and August 19, log your reading to win badges, complete challenges, and compete against your neighbors! Log into Beanstack or download the tracker app from the iTunes or Google Play Store!
Historically, we have had our summer reading programs on Wednesday mornings at 10:30. We recommend watching one program a week at the same time to help with your weekly routine. But if you want to set up a pillow fort and watch them all in a row while eating 8 bags of popcorn, who are we to stop you? Our summer reading programs are co-funded by the Douglas Cultural Council and the Friends of the Simon Fairfield Public Library.
- Week 1: Davis Bates: Imagine your Story – available to stream on our Facebook page here.
- Week 2: Ed the Wizard: Harry Potter Tribute – available to stream on Youtube here.
- Week 3: Diane Edgecomb: Imagine Your Story Workshop – available to stream on Vimeo here. Accompanying handouts available here.
- Week 4: Ed the Wizard: Reading is Magic – available to stream on Youtube here.
- Week 5: Mary Jo Maichack: Fairy Tale Theater – details pending! (We will have 30 puppet kits to distribute that go along with this program, so let us know if you want one! First come–first served.)
- BONUS: Diane Edgecomb: Folktale Superheroes – available to stream here.
As well as the above programming, Deb will provide summer storytimes from July 15 to August 12. These will be done through Free Conference Call and you can email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org for the login info. Each week there’ll be a storytime at 11am on Mondays for ages 18mos to 3 yrs and on Wednesdays at 1pm for ages 4-7. Craft and activity sheets will be emailed each week to those who have signed up for printing out at home (if you don’t have a printer, we can work out pickup).